Friday 9 November 2012

A greek hero given the needle ....

Chums - what can I say!....I have a confession to make.

In true testosterone fuelled fashion, I have manfully soldiered on over the last 6 months with what I thought was an age related dodgy ankle and tight hamstring that has increasingly reduced me to a bizarre gait and a penchant for paracetemol. Well, after finally bowing to the beautiful one's awesome wisdom I finally admitted that there may be a remote chance I had a slight medical defect and maybe I should get it looked at by someone who (as unlikely as it may sound) is appropriately qualified and as such may know more about this than I do. So with deep trepidation and despondency off I went to meet my local General Practitioner.

 It seems I am the proud owner of an 'opothy' ..... to be exact I have Achillies Tendinopathy - I am officially diseased!

So now I have to stop my galavanting ways until the blithering thing has mended itself.

I am now in therapy - Physiotherapy to be exact. A young lady not much older than the first born has been rubbing my leg and ankle every Friday for the last few weeks. It is not exciting and it is rather annoying, until today.

Today I had Acupuncture - she took great delight in stabbing me with copper needles that are meant to get my Chi channels running free. Anyway I survived and in a curious kind of way feel rather proud of myself.

Its OK...but I think she thought me rather strange when I asked for pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment